Secondhand narratives
from an earlier postA lot of things are where I want them to be at the moment, and I feel a semblance of peace settling within me. I'm learning how to apply the brakes and observe the posted speed limit for life, which unravels itself at its own unhurried pace. It would be a shame if I couldn't appreciate that. It's odd how stuff turn out right when you relax your grip on them.
For my part, I've had to insist on some people that they loosen their grip on me as well. It's not entirely unfair, as I have been a little more obliging than I ought to be. I want to be inaccessible again; and never mind that I burn bridges indiscriminately, tragically confident through the conviction of my own vanity, that the tab of rebuilding will be picked up by the other side. For although I know I will be proven wrong, it will be motivation enough for me to reassess my life and move on, and I'll reach out when I do.
Until then, they had best content themselves with secondhand narratives of my personal reality... postcards without the obligatory "Wish You Were Here."

7 Comments:
this piece of writing just moves me. sometimes, there is sense in retreating from the world.
Just don't burn too many bridges, you never know when you will need one.
The first bridges to go should be the ones leading nowhere.
yeah. i get what you mean. i feel the same way right now...
Perhaps when we loosen our grip on things, they begin to take their natural course.
There is definitely solace found in solitude, and am happy that you are finding that out right now. Don't apologize for wanting to take time and discover yourself more, because if these people are truly care for you, then they will understand its import and let you be...
Good points, you guys! Thanks! :)
yes they are. one of my best friends the same brand of swingin' but i am, or had been (coz we fought recently) very flexible and understanding. maybe virgoes just don't want to feel tied down.
Post a Comment
Links to this post: