Crossing Guard: Anglia reborn in my mind

1.2.05

Anglia reborn in my mind

She still visits me in my dreams, my good friend. Her auburn French curls and Anglican ways as vivid as I remember. She showed me how to think beyond conventions and to love life for what it can offer. I remember how I used to lecture her on the ill effects of coffee. "Drink tea instead, it's what your people are famous for." Yet. Yet it was me whom she got converted. Our caffeine dependence had now withdrawn. We've shed the giddiness of youth. But her laughter stays with me, her spirit keeps me moving forward.

I still keep my half of the sense of humor we shared with no one else. I hope she keeps hers still.

In my dreams I greet her today.

4 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger {illyria} said...

beautiful, just beautiful. prose that is as familiar and as comfortable as an old friend whom you'd want to watch the sunset with.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger ennui said...

Beautiful. I especially love the last line. I find myself greeting other people in my dreams too. Sad but poetic.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger :..M..: said...

My first time around your blog and I really have enjoyed reading your work. It's been a pleasure. Will keep returning. :)

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Aleksu said...

No matter how harsh and cold life can be, there is certain things that remain in our hearts forever, lending an eternal source of warmth and light.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post: