Crossing Guard: Green eyes

5.3.05

Green eyes

All that remain are a couple of phone messages. Garbled, barely intelligible, a testament to poor reception. My personal chronicle of events. I never pick up; but I also do not discard your messages. You gotta give me credit for that. When I am desolate, in need of company, I listen to your voice. I imagine your face. You look into my eyes. I glance away. I am afraid you will see too much, because you look too intently. I'm busy, I say to you, being lonely, I say to myself. The nights are still cold. I'll still need your company. I hope you won't stop calling. Your voice is all that remains.

8 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Blogger {illyria} said...

this sentimental side of you and the way it comes out so simply--so devoid of artifice--just makes me heart stop.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger :..M..: said...

Was about to say the same as transience.

What you've written is so tender and simple, that it makes one stop. To reflect..to feel..

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger ennui said...

I know exactly what this feels like. My inbox is constantly full and it hurts deciding which messages to discard. *Sigh* If only we can keep them all ...

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Aleksu said...

I sometimes reflect on the duality of some modern day contraptions.

On one hand, I feel they actually act as deterrents of real communication.

But on the other hands, when they are used as in this tought by Carolvs, they actually become a beacon, a ray of hope.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger - litol figgy - said...

shite! CVS, you always know how to break the dam in my eyes.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger ninjato said...

In the end, its whatever gets you through the day...whether itsrecalling the familiar, clinging to it for a while and hopeful in its return or letting go of it entirely and trying to move on as quickly as possible. some say being of the former is a sign of weakness, but in some ways its what makes us human, and what makes this post powerfully real...

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Lorena said...

wow, I know what you mean. letting go is so hard. it's a constant battle that wears you out.
i still have voicemail messages that i can't seem to erase and yet i don't want to listen too.
such a mix of emotions. the end of the ride is so sad and lonely but you're glad you hopped on for
it. bittersweet.

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger paningit said...

jesus christ! this man needs more tape to record on. more tape to record on.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post: